- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sage, leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 medium apple
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the pasta; boil for 11 minutes. Drain and return to the pot; set aside.
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Slice sage into thin strips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and squash. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Once the squash has cooked for 5 minutes or so, add the onion. Saute for 15 minutes more, until the butternut squash is softened.
- Add garlic and sage to the squash; saute for another minute or two, then remove from the heat.
- Add the squash mixture, salt, and milk to a blender. Blend until smooth; add shredded cheese and blend again.
- Pour the cheesy squash mixture over the pasta and stir until well coated. Serve with sliced apples.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 332mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g