- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 medium banana
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg in a medium bowl.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in another medium bowl.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and let stand for 15 minutes. The batter will bubble slightly as it sits.
- Meanwhile, add orange juice and honey to a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and also heat over medium heat.
- Add batter to hot griddle, using 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles dot the surface, then flip and continue cooking 1-2 minutes more until cooked through and golden on both sides. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Slice bananas.
- Top pancakes with orange sauce and sliced bananas before serving.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 716mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 26g