- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 1 piece whole mushrooms, portabella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 4 serving (3 oz) beef, ground, 95% lean
- 4 roll hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup (8 fl oz) yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 2 fruit without refuse mango
- Preheat broiler to the high setting in your oven. Slice peppers, onion, and mushrooms into large strips. Arrange on a broiler pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook the vegetables in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and start to get browned on top.
- While vegetables are in the oven, Mix chili powder in with the beef, mold into 4-6 patties; depending on sizes desired.
- Heat a skillet to medium high, and cook the burger patties on each side, until no longer pink in the middle..
- Serve patty inside a hamburger, topped with the vegetables, salsa and plain yogurt. Slice mangoes and serve with mango slices.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1113mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 25g