- 4 ounce pasta, shapes
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium orange
- Cook pasta to al dente as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small, bite-sized pieces; add to pasta during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium. Whisk in the flour and cook until slightly brown, approximately 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the broth and milk; continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cream, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; whisk together until slightly thickened. Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan, then add pasta and broccoli. Stir to combine then remove from heat.
- Serve pasta topped with additional Parmesan; serve orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 292mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g