- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Chop chicken breasts into chunks, and cook in hot skillet until the center is no longer pink.
- Mince garlic; add to chicken along with the ground ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Add broccoli to skillet; toss to combine.
- Combine broth, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, salt, corn starch and water in a small bowl, pour over chicken and broccoli. Put a lid on the skillet and let cook until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drain oranges and add to broccoli and chicken; heat through.
- Serve over cooked brown rice and top with sliced almonds.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 707mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g