- 1 medium beet
- 2 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 1/8 cup mustard, dijon
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon OREGANO, DRIED
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- Wrap beet in foil and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 400°F for about 1 hour, then allow to cool. Remove and discard skin.
- Prepare pasta (choose a fun shape!) as directed on package; allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the mustard, the juice from the lemon, and the dried herbs; stir into pasta.
- Cut broccoli, carrots, apple, bell pepper, & beet into bite sized pieces; toss into pasta along with the almonds.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for later.
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 55mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g