- 1 COOKING SPRAY
- 8 ounce sausage links, turkey, mild
- 5 slice bread, whole wheat
- 5 cup arugula
- 3/4 cup hearts artichoke hearts, jarred
- 4 large egg white
- 4 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup leaves, whole basil, fresh
- 2 oz provolone cheese
- 4 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 X 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Break sausage up into smaller pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
- Cut bread into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Mix in arugula (or spinach if a milder taste is desired) and artichoke hearts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper, and chopped basil.
- Add cooled sausage into the bread cube mixture and stir to combine. Toss into the prepared baking dish and pour egg mixture over the top, pressing down bread cubes to thoroughly coat.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the eggs have set. Top with provolone and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g