Breakfast for Dinner! Walnut French Toast with BananasPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- 6 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 medium banana
- 2 medium bell pepper, green
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and maple syrup.
- Place a single layer of bread slices in the base of the baking dish. Top with about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Pour about 1/2 of the egg mixture over the bottom layer; Pour enough to cover the bottom layer.
- If necessary, move the bread slices around so that they are completely covered with eggs.
- Place another layer of bread and the other 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts on top of the first layer of bread and eggs.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over the top layer.
- Cover the top layer with the eggs, just as you did the bottom layer.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until begins to golden on top.
- Serve with bananas and sliced bell peppers.