- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/4 cup vinegar, white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cup Chard, swiss, raw
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried, sweetened
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place on a baking sheet and roast chicken for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Cover, and set aside.
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and set aside. While it cooks, thinly slice onion and mushrooms.
- Heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add onions and mushrooms. Cook for 10-12 minutes until they become tender. Add the vinegar, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir and allow to simmer until the vinegar has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the chard a little at a time, allowing for each small batch to begin to wilt before adding more. Toss this in with the pasta, mixing well to coat. Slice chicken and add to pasta, tossing once more.
- Sprinkle with dried cranberries and serve with sliced oranges on the side.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 636mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g