- 2 oz pasta, shapes
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 1/2 cup, chopped collard greens, raw
- 2 stalk, medium (7-1/2″ – 8″ long) celery
- 1 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 2 breast chicken breast
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 6 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium (2-1/2″ dia) tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Make pasta as directed on package. While pasta cooks, chop all vegetables into bite-sized pieces, set aside.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning; spray large skillet with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat; add chicken. Brown on both sides, cooking until no longer pink. Remove from heat, dice into small pieces; place in dish, cover and set aside.
- With cooked chicken bits still in skillet, place over medium-high heat once again. Add 1/4 cup broth, scrape bottom of pan to remove bits; add vegetables; cook for 5-6 minutes, adding more broth as needed to keep vegetables moist and avoid burning. Add chicken, turn down heat to medium-low; cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow chicken to warm up. Finally toss with pasta. Top with parmesan cheese and serve with tangerine wedges on the side.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 712mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g