- 6 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 teaspoon pesto
- 4 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- If not already done, cut the squash into 1 inch cubes (Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler, then use a large chef’s knife to cut into cubes.); chop onion.
- Mix the squash, onion, grapeseed oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat evenly. Add to a large baking sheet, spread into a single layer, and cook for 45-50 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds once done cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid for later.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add peeled and deveined shrimp; cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add broth to skillet and cook until mostly evaporated. Add reserved water and pesto; cook until heated through. Remove from heat, add shrimp back in, and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve shrimp over pasta with roasted squash on the side.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 343mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g