Blueberry Sunrise Pancakes
Warm blueberries and a touch of cinnamon help to make these honey-sweetened whole wheat pancakes a great hot breakfast for the holidays.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 2-3 pancakes
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 1/3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat on medium-high.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, oil, vanilla, and honey, then add to flour mixture. Mix well; batter may be a bit lumpy. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until pancake begins to bubble. Flip and cook for 1 minute longer. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve pancakes topped with butter and maple syrup.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 50mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g