Blueberry Oat MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 1 muffin, 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Hard boil 4 eggs. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the oats and orange juice together; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add in gently melted coconut oil, vanilla, and remaining egg, and stir until well combined.
- Add the oat mixture to the batter, then fold in the blueberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Mix 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, then sprinkle evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving; serve hard boiled eggs on the side.