- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 4 serving (3 oz) Ham, Bone-in
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/2″ cubes. Boil the sweet potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain then rinse under cold water until cool. Combine with pineapple and parsley.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and vanilla together in a dish. Season with salt and white pepper; toss with the potato mixture to coat.
- Combine blackening spices in a small bowl, then rub the mixture on both sides of the ham steak (16-20 ounces). Grill (or use stove-top grill pan) until the edges of the steak begin to curl; flip the steak and grill 1-2 more minutes. Serve with sweet potato salad.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1240mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g