- 1 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, raw
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mash and strain the blackberries until you have 1 cup juice.
- Place strained juice into a small saucepan along with the sugar and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for one minute, then remove from heat and set aside to cool and thicken.
- While sauce thickens, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined. Fold in lemon zest. (Add a bit more milk as needed; batter will thicken as it sits.)
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4-cup fulls onto the hot skillet, then add a few remaining blackberries (if available) to each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the edges seem dry, then flip and continue to cook until golden. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Top pancakes with syrup and any remaining berries. Enjoy!
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 636mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g