- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 6 ounce tortilla chips
- 3 medium mango
- In a 6-quart saucepot, heat oil on medium-high until hot.
- Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to hot oil and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to a large bowl; set aside.
- Chop onion and mince garlic; add to saucepan. Cook on medium for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cumin and coriander; cook 1 minute. Add broth and water, then cover and heat to boiling.
- Return chicken (along with any juices in the bowl) to the saucepot; stir in frozen corn and drained and rinsed black beans. Heat to boiling on medium-high, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Stir in fresh-squeezed lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve soup topped with crushed tortilla chips; serve mango on the side.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 498mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g