- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Chop onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- In a skillet, saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Add chili powder, garlic, cumin, and pepper. Saute for one more minute.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn. Heat through. Transfer to a 11X7X2 inch baking dish.
- For topping, combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon over filling and spread where possible.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until filling is bubbly, and topping is cooked through (insert a toothpick to check).
- Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 587mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g