- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 large egg
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium orange
- Dice onion; mince garlic; drain and rinse black beans.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to the hot oil and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute, then add the black beans and cumin; stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium.
- Whisk eggs together then pour into skillet. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until no longer runny, stirring frequently to scramble.
- Shred cheese (if needed), and slice or dice avocado.
- Add black bean mixture, scrambled eggs, cheese, and avocado to the center of each tortilla, then roll up tightly to close.
- Serve warm with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 386mg | Sodium: 927mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 2g