- 2 cup black beans, dry
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 9 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 each bay leaf
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup grapes
- Rinse and soak 2 cups of dry black beans overnight. Drain and rinse again. Set aside.
- Dice your carrots into small pieces and mince the garlic.
- Put oil in large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Once hot, add carrots and garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the quinoa, stir and cook another minute.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, diced tomatoes, and beans. Cover and simmer.
- After 2 hours, add spinach, and continue to cook until beans are soft.
- Serve with grapes.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 160mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g