- Bake your favorite bread recipe (we used a whole wheat blueberry bread).
- Slice up loaf into sticks.
- Lay bread “sticks” onto cookie sheet.
- Put in over at 170°F, for about 1 hour. Then turn off the oven and let sit in the oven until sticks are crunchy throughout.
- Store in plastic bags!
Simple, right? It was! The whole wheat blueberry loaf I used was:
- 3 TBL Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil (such as grapeseed)
- 1/4 cup honey (if you are serving to under 12 month old-use pure maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 TBL. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
Blend all ingredients together. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
It’s Round-Up Week in Lehi! Our city has an annual festival that lasts all week long. Plus, as I mentioned Sunday-my brothers are in town! So, if you feel like I’m ignoring you, I’m not! If you send me an email, I will get it on my phone, promise!