- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt, vanilla, low-fat
- 1 cup strawberries
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, and vanilla. (Use food coloring to dye the milk pink for Valentine’s day if desired.)
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined; stir in melted coconut oil. (If batter is too runny, add additional flour until the preferred consistency is reached.)
- Pour 1/2 cup of the waffle mixture onto hot waffle iron and cook until done. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Top each waffle with a spoonful of yogurt and some sliced strawberries.
- A couple tablespoons of nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, black walnut butter, or sunflower seed butter) and vanilla tahini
- Greek yogurt mixed with nut butter and/or maple syrup
- Cream cheese and cinnamon or chopped nuts
- Coconut butter and maple syrup
- Berries and powdered sugar
- Flavored yogurt
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 366mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g