This quick, simple, and colorfully delicious pizza uses barbecue sauce in place of marinara for a sweet and tangy riff on classic pizza. A great way to stretch leftover cooked chicken to feed your family!
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fruit
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion, red
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup pineapple
- 2 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If not using leftover/pre-cooked chicken, cook it now on the stovetop: pound the breasts out to an even thickness, then cut into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper if desired, and cook until no longer pink; set aside.
- Place pizza crust on a medium baking sheet. Spread the crust with barbeque sauce, then top with cooked chicken, cilantro, chopped bell peppers, chopped onion, and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with pineapple and oranges on the side.