- 1 1/2 cup barley, pearled, dry
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium apple
- Prepare barley as directed on the package, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, set corn out to thaw. Chop tomato and rinse the beans.
- Mix cooled barley with corn, tomatoes, beans, and salsa.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a slice of avocado. Serve apple slices on the side.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 878mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 19g