- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup wild rice, raw
- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Chop onion, carrots, and celery into small bite-size pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped veggies and cook until tender.
- Stir in the broth, water, and rice and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 450° F.
- Slice Brussels and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out onto a baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Lower oven temp to 425° F (or heat a grill to 300°).
- Place salmon on tin foil or in a grill pan; drizzle with lemon juice and brush barbecue sauce over top.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until fish is cooked through and flaky (grilling may not take as long).
- Serve salmon with rice and Brussels on the side. Serve with any fruit you may have on hand!
Calories: 553kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 900mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g