- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray each muffin cup with cooking spray.
- Place oats in a blender and blend until they begin to look like flour. Pour into a bowl and add milk. Allow to sit and soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the bananas in a bowl with the sugar. Add eggs, honey, and vanilla, and whisk together.
- Heat coconut oil just until melted (avoid over-heating), then set aside to slightly cool (this will help to prevent the coconut oil from clumping once added to colder ingredients).
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add oats to the bananas and blend well; stir in the oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined; avoid over mixing (this can cause the muffins to be tougher and more dense). Fold in chopped walnuts (or sprinkle on top of muffins just before baking).
- Scoop an even amount of batter into each muffin cup, and bake for 24-28 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 236mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g