- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 2 medium mango
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8X8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and set aside.
- Mince garlic and dice onion and red pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic, peppers and onions for 3-5 minutes. Stir pasta sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper into onion mixture. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove sauce from stove and stir in cooked pasta.
- Shred the mozzarella. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Spoon half the pasta into the baking dish and top with half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining pasta and ricotta. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with cubed mango on the side.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 1235mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 27g