Baked Ziti and Summer VeggiesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 1/2 cup pasta, 1/2 cup veggies, 1/2 cup fruit
- 4 ounce penne pasta
- 2 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 2 large egg
- 2 medium orange
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Chop summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and onion. Mince garlic.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini, and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomato and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Remove veggies from heat, then stir in pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, basil, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, remaining salt, and egg; stir into pasta mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a 9×13 baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 482mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g