Baked Shells and Cheese with CauliflowerPrint Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 1.5 cups
- 16 ounce pasta shells, dry
- 1 head large (6-7″ dia.) cauliflower
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 stalk green onion
- 1 fruit (2-1/8″ dia) lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions; drain and rinse briefly in cool water, then set aside.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large (12-inch) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook five minutes, stirring frequently, until starting to brown.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, along with zest from the lemon, minced garlic, chopped scallions, paprika, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the shredded Mozzarella cheese. Toss to combine.
- Scoop ricotta cheese in small dollops over the top of the pasta mixture. Then sprinkle Parmesan cheese, parsley, and bread crumbs on top.
- Place skillet into the oven and bake 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and top of the pasta is golden brown.