- 6 ounce pasta, shapes
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 none cooking spray
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook pasta in boiling water only until al dente. Remove from heat; stir in spinach and let stand until wilted, then drain well.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Chop onion.
- Add onion to hot pan and cook 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add flour and minced garlic to onions; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Gradually add in milk and broth; cook 8 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (or more to taste). Remove from heat.
- Combine pasta with sauce mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon the pasta into a 9 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the Panko over the pasta, top evenly with the remaining Parmesan, then sprinkle the remaining Panko over the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve with apples on the side.
Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 1073mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 30g