- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 stick string cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add Panko to hot pan and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and place into a shallow dish (a pie plate works great).
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese bites into the egg and then dredge in panko.
- Place coated cheese onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is softened and heated through. (Be careful not to overcook or the cheese will completely melt!)
- Serve spaghetti/marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g