- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 4 medium tomato, red
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounce tortilla chips
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 cup watermelon
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Chop onion and mince garlic; add onion to hot oil. Sauté 5-6 minutes until translucent, then add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Chop tomatoes and add to pan, along with broth and cilantro. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender (or food processor; take care when blending hot liquids!). Add pepper, salt, cumin, and chili powder; stir to combine and continue cooking until heated through.
- Top with crumbled tortillas and diced avocado; serve watermelon on the side.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 336mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g