- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 medium cucumber
- 8 slice bread, Italian
- 4 slice (1 oz) provolone cheese
- 2 cup spinach
- 4 medium apple
- Add onion, garlic, tomato, avocado flesh, lemon juice, salt, and mustard to a food processor. Blend until smooth, or to your desired texture. (Note: if you peel and de-seed the tomato, it will make for a smoother spread).
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds; cut into thin slices.
- Toast bread, then add a generous helping of avocado spread to each slice; add cucumbers, cheese, and spinach, the close sandwiches and slice into halves or quarters.
- Serve with apple slices on the side.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 417mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 22g