This Avocado Orzo Salad is packed with good for you ingredients and tossed in a spicy buttermilk dressing- it’s one of our favorite picnic lunch salads!
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 stalk green onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon cilantro
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 cup raspberries
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse.
- Allow corn to thaw while prepping remaining veggies. Quarter cherry tomatoes, slice green onions, and rinse and drain black beans; toss all into a large bowl with the orzo.
- Combine buttermilk, chopped cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, mayo, chili powder, salt, pepper, cayenne (optional), and crushed garlic in a small bowl, whisking to combine.
- Drizzle over orzo mixture and toss to evenly coat. Dice avocado and chop parsley.
- Top orzo with avocado and parsley, and serve with raspberries on the side.