- 10 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- 4 medium clementine
- Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions; drain, then set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic; peel and remove the pits from the avocados, scooping the flesh into a blender or food processor. Add in the garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper; purée until smooth, then cover and set aside.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add in flour and whisk together to make a paste-like consistency. Add milk and continue whisking constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add avocado puree to pasta and stir until combined. Add in the cheese sauce and stir until fully coated.
- Serve pasta with clementines on the side.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 61mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g