- 1 pound asparagus
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 ounces water
- 1 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Trim woody ends off asparagus. Cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat broth and 1 cup water over med-low heat.
- In another large pan, saute chopped onion and minced garlic over med-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix water and vinegar in a cup.
- Add the diluted vinegar and cook until liquid has absorbed.
- Start adding the warmed broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir occasionally and wait for the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms (if using) and asparagus until tender, about 4 minutes.
- When all the broth has been absorbed by the risotto, remove pan from heat.
- Add asparagus, salt/pepper, and parmesan and serve immediately.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 865mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g