- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 large egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 ounce Swiss cheese
- 4 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven broiler with the rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Dice your onion.
- Cut the tips from the asparagus and set them aside. (about 12 spears)
- Cut the remaining part of the spear into 2-inch chunks and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, milk and parsley together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted and looks foamy, add the onion and asparagus spears and cook for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the asparagus tips and cook for another minute or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Scatter the cheeses over the vegetables.
- Pour in the egg mixture and turn the heat to low.
- Stir once or twice, then cook undisturbed for about 8 minutes or until the bottom has set.
- Place the pan under the broiler for up to a minute or until the frittata is puffed and golden.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 279mg | Sodium: 291mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g