- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup vinegar, rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 3 pound pork roast
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 2 cup snow peas
- Thinly slice garlic. Combine first seven ingredients and set aside.
- Place trimmed pork (2-3 pound) in a slow cooker and pour soy sauce mixture over meat to coat. Cook on low for 7–8 hours or on high for 4–5 hours until it easily pulls apart with a fork.
- Slice 2-3 bell peppers into thin strips.
- Just before serving, boil pasta according to package directions in a large pot, adding peppers and peas to boiling water during the last two minutes of cooking, being careful not to overcook veggies.
- Drain noodles and vegetables. Set aside.
- Remove meat from slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly and shred into medium-sized pieces.
- Strain cooking liquid, and pour into a skillet, bringing to a boil until slightly thickened.
- Add shredded meat to liquid to reheat and serve with noodles and vegetables.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 688mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g