Tender beef marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce is served with easy frozen veggies and fruit for a healthy and colorful meal.
- 2 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 pound beef steak, any cut
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 12 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 2 cup pineapple
- In a small bowl, mix together Hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, sugar, green onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger.
- Cut flank steak across grain on a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices and then into pieces that will fit on skewers.
- Place beef in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag, add the marinade, seal tightly, and gently rotate so beef is well coated. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to high broil. (Note: You can also use an indoor grill such as the George Foreman).
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Discard marinade, and thread steak onto skewers.
- Place skewers on a grill type pan and heat until no longer pink, turning once during cooking.
- Meanwhile, pour vegetables into a pot and add about 1 inch of water. Cover and cook on the stove over medium heat until vegetables are heated through and tender. Drain.
- Serve skewers with rice, veggies, and pineapple chunks on the side.