- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound beef flank steak, lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 8 stalk green onion
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium apple
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cut steak into 1/4-inch slices, against the grain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl or measuring cup; stir well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the minced garlic and minced ginger to the pan with the beef; cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped green onions and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute, or until the sauce is thickened and coats the beef. Serve with brown rice, steamed broccoli, and apple slices.
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 859mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g