- 2 medium apple
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- Peel and core 1 apple. Cover with water in a small pot and heat over medium until softened. Place in blender or food processor and puree. Allow to cool to room temperature, then pour into a large bowl. Whisk in egg, milk and oil.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; there will be lumps. Fold in blueberries. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Melt 1 tablespoon butter on skillet. Drop batter by the 1/4 cup onto skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form and edges look dry and airy. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Continue until all batter is used. More butter may be used as needed.
- Core and slice remaining apple. Top pancakes with maple syrup and serve apple slices on the side.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 201mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g