- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, place liners in muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour and the next 5 ingredients; mix well.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together applesauce, eggs and sugar. Gently mix in with the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Peel apple and dice; fold into batter. Pour an even amount of batter into each of the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes; until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 164mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g