- 3 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- 2 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg in a shallow dish.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides, then place onto hot skillet.
- Cook French toast until both sides are golden and egg is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice or chop apples.
- Place apples in a microwave safe dish. Stir in water and remaining spices, then cover and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir apples, return cover, and microwave for another 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Top French toast with warmed apples before serving.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 207mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g