Apple Cider Baked OatmealPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium apple
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cup apple cider
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Dice the apples, and toss with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Bring the cider up to a boil in a large pot, then add the oats. Stir constantly until it begins to thicken, then lower the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Stir occasionally during the simmering phase, cooking for 15-20 minutes. Remove oatmeal from heat. It should still be a bit runny, and not quite at a porridge-like consistency.
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add this blend to the oatmeal, reserving some to sprinkle on top. Fold in the diced apples and 1/2 cup of the nuts. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Pour into a sprayed baking dish, and top with remaining nuts and spices. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g