- 3 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 6 tablespoon wheat germ
- 8 ounce angel hair pasta, dry
- 3 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium apple
- 1 cup grapes
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Once hot, add mushrooms and allow to cook, stirring occasionally. (Season with salt and pepper if desired).
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add to a large ziplock bag with the wheat germ and toss to coat. Add remaining coconut oil to melt in the skillet with the mushrooms. Add chicken to mushrooms and saute. Cook until no longer pink and golden in color.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain; but reserve some of the pasta water in case it is needed to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, then mix in the yogurt while pasta is still hot. Toss in thinly sliced basil.
- Dice apples and mix with grapes.
- Serve pasta with the mushroom and chicken mixture, topped with halved tomatoes and fruit salad on the side.
Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 333mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g