- 1 none cooking spray
- 2 cup oats, dry
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 oz sesame seeds
- 1 cup cereal, Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs
- 1/3 cup Currants, red and white, raw
- 1/3 cup, halves Dried Apricots
- 1/3 cup, packed raisins, golden seedless
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup sugar, turbinado
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch-square pan with cooking spray. Spread oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds and sesame seeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the oats are lightly toasted and the nuts are fragrant, shaking the pan halfway through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal, currants, apricots and raisins; toss to combine.
- Combine almond butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles lightly, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until no dry spots remain. Transfer to the prepared pan. Lightly coat your hands with cooking spray and press the mixture down firmly to make an even layer (wait until the mixture cools slightly if necessary). Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes; cut into 8 bars: Light brown sugar may be used in place of turbinado sugar.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 41mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g