- 2 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/3 cup vinegar, rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium lime
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup almonds, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 medium lemon
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 wedge (approx 1/16 of melon) watermelon
- Prepare salad by cutting cucumbers lengthwise and removing seeds. Thinly slice and toss into a bowl. Grate ginger and add to the bowl along with the vinegar, sugar, and the juice from the lime. Chill in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pan with the coconut oil.
- Chop almonds in a blender or food processor until crumbly. Add the cumin and coriander to the almonds. Juice the lemon (about 1 tablespoon worth) and drizzle over the salmon. Season with the salt and pepper, and coat with the almond mixture. Place salmon on greased pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish flakes. Cook rice according to the package directions while the fish bakes.
- Serve salmon with rice, cucumber salad and watermelon.
Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 24g