Coconut Peanut Butter Raisin Balls- the perfect snack for hungry, healthy kids!
These little peanut butter balls make for a great after school treat! They have protein, good fat, and they are sweet as ever! Equally awesome was the fact that my children have told me they don’t like coconut, yet they didn’t say a word as they ate these little coconut peanut butter balls. In case you haven’t heard, people have been buzzing about coconut joining the healthy food family. We are always experimenting with some healthy snack recipes, and this one was definitely a winner!
COCONUT AND PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
- 1 cup all natural nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Any other add-ins (seeds, nuts, etc.)
- Unsweetened Coconut
Mix peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla, and raisins.
Spread unsweetened coconut on wax paper.
Drop peanut butter mixture onto coconut and roll. Chill for 1 hour or longer.
Even so, peanut butter *unless you have an allergy, is good for kids! It’s a great source of protein, natural peanut butter is low in sugar, and it is full of good healthy fats. You can also substitute the peanut butter in this recipe for almond butter, which is also super tasty! You can substitute the raisins for dried cranberries, but you can also leave them out altogether.
Coconut Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup all natural nut butter i used peanut butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins optional
- any other add-ins seeds, nuts, etc.
- unsweetened coconut
- Mix peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla, and raisins.
- Spread unsweetened coconut on wax paper.
- Drop peanut butter mixture onto coconut and roll. Chill for 1 hour or longer.