- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 4 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 4 medium apple
- Preheat grill (indoor or outdoor).
- Finely dice 1/4 of an onion and 1/2 of one bell pepper; mince garlic. Slice remaining 1/2 and whole, bell peppers into strips, slice tomato and cheese, and cut carrots and celery into sticks.
- Stir together chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Thoroughly mix spices, diced veggies, and garlic into beef; shape into 4 burgers and place onto hot grill. Cook until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Place each burger on a bun and top with salsa, lettuce, tomato, and cheese as desired.
- Serve with carrot, celery and pepper sticks, and apple slices on the side.
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1181mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 33g