- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 medium cabbage, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Tahini
- 3 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cup strawberries
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, chop cabbage, bell pepper, and carrot. Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Add veggies to a large bowl along with drained corn. (Note: Carrots and broccoli may be steamed to tender crisp if desired; some children prefer this over raw.)
- For the dressing: Combine oil, tahini, vinegar, honey, ginger, broth, and salt.
- Add cooked quinoa to veggies and slowly stir in dressing; mix to coat evenly.
- Serve at room temperature with sliced strawberries on the side, or mix them into the quinoa too!
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 364mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 18g