- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 1/4 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce white beans, canned
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup apricots, dried
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed kernels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water; set aside for 15 minutes. (This will act as a binding agent since there are no eggs in the recipe.)
- Add 1 1/4 cup oats to a food processor or blender and mix until it is flour-like. Add to a large mixing bowl and mix with remaining oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to food processor. Pulse with coconut oil until creamy. Add maple syrup, the zest of the orange, the chia mixture, applesauce, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Add to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Add chopped dried apricots (or any dried fruit you have) and seeds. Mix well.
- Shape into golf ball sized balls and place onto prepared baking dish. Flatten each out using the bottom of a mug.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool to the touch before serving.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 508mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g